If you’ve been in your home for a few years, it might be time to check on its piping system. This is especially true if you have an older home, as the pipes may not be as durable as they once were. Here are some common signs that your home needs repiping:
- Your water has a metallic taste or smell
- There are stains on your pipes or fixtures
- The water pressure in your home is low
- You see rust on the pipes or fixtures
- There are frequent leaks in your plumbing
- Your pipes make loud banging noises (this is called “water hammer”)
- The pipe insulation is damaged or missing
- Your water bill is higher than usual
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, it’s time to call a professional to assess the situation and see if you need to repipe your home.
The Benefits of Repiping Your Home
Like most homeowners, you only think about your home’s plumbing once something goes wrong. But your home’s pipes play a vital role in keeping your family safe and comfortable. That’s why it’s essential to be aware of the signs that your home needs repiping.
The main benefits of repiping your home are:
- Improved water quality: Over time, your pipes can become corroded, leading to poor water quality. Repiping will ensure that you and your family can access clean, safe water.
- Improving your water pressure – If you’ve ever experienced low water pressure in your shower or kitchen sink, you know how frustrating it can be. Repiping can increase your water pressure, making everyday tasks much easier.
- Preventing future problems – Getting rid of old, corroded pipes makes you less likely to experience future leaks or burst pipes. This can save you a lot of money and hassle down the road.
- Peace of mind: The best benefit of repiping is the peace of mind that comes with knowing your home has brand-new plumbing. You’ll no longer have to worry about leaks or other issues. You can sit back and enjoy clean, fresh water whenever you need it.
- Improving your home’s value – If you’re considering selling your home, repiping can significantly increase its value. Buyers will be impressed by the updated plumbing, which could make a big difference when it comes time to negotiate the price.
- Saving energy – Repiping can make your home more energy efficient, reducing the chance of water loss due to leaks and bursts. This could save you a lot of money on your monthly energy bills.
These are just some of the benefits of repiping your home. Investing in this critical maintenance task can help protect your family’s safety and keep your home running efficiently for years to come.
Our Plumbing Services
If you’re noticing signs that your home needs repiping, it’s essential to address the issue as soon as possible. Ignoring these problems can lead to costly repairs down the road. That’s why you need a reliable and experienced professional to help get your plumbing system back on track.
At Total Care Plumbing, we’re a family-owned and -operated business serving the Grand Forks, ND, area. We’re here to help with all your plumbing and repiping needs, whether you’re dealing with a clogged drain or a broken pipe. Our team of certified plumbers will be able to quickly diagnose the problem and provide a solution that gets your plumbing system up and running again.
We also offer preventative maintenance services to help keep your system in top condition and avoid future problems. If you need plumbing and repiping assistance in Grand Forks, ND, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re always happy to help and ensure you’re getting the best possible service at a fair price.